Hardwood flooring lessons from us, to you: learn on the equipment you rent and take it home.
Pete’s is the only shop that offers free, hands-on, personal hardwood flooring lessons with every 24-hour equipment rental.
Our lesson is not just reviewing the low-budget training video that came with the sander, oh no.
This training takes place on a real hardwood floor with the actual machine you are renting:
- You get to run the same machines you will take home.
- All training sessions are taught by actual flooring contractors.
- Your instructor will observe and correct your technique until you are comfortable with the machines.
- The lesson also covers the process of sanding itself and the proper use of abrasives.
- All of this takes time - allow at least an hour, up to 90 minutes if there are two of you.
- Because you'll be running equpiment during the lesson, wear appropriate clothing and footwear - we won't let you sand in flip-flops!
- All floors are not the same, so each of our hardwood flooring lessons is customized to your project.
- Bring photos of your project and make a rough sketch of your floor plan before you arrive, like the happy, sanding couple at left. Floor plans and pictures will help us identify the challenges (and joys!) of your particular floor and will allow us to customize your lesson just for you.
- Alas, four-hour rentals are not eligible for free training.