We’ll give you a free, hands-on lesson with every 24-hour rental of a wood floor sander or other finishing equipment.
This training takes place on a real hardwood floor with the actual machine you are renting.
In the era of COVID we are only offering one hands-on training lesson per day. That means they book up fast, especially on weekends, so call ahead if you know you want training for your project.
Sorry, no walk-in lessons are available for the forseeable future; all training is by appointment only.
- You get to run the same machines you will take home.
- All training sessions are taught by actual flooring contractors.
- Your instructor will observe and correct your technique until you are comfortable with the machines.
- The lesson also covers the process of sanding itself and the proper use of abrasives.
- All of this takes time – allow at least an hour, up to 90 minutes if there are two of you.
- Because you’ll be running equpiment during the lesson, wear appropriate clothing and footwear – we won’t let you sand in flip-flops!
- All floors are not the same, so each of our hardwood flooring lessons is customized to your project.
- Bring photos of your project and make a rough sketch of your floor plan before you arrive, like the happy, sanding couple at left. Floor plans and pictures will help us identify the challenges (and joys!) of your particular floor and will allow us to customize your lesson just for you.
- Alas, four-hour rentals are not eligible for free training.