Welcome to Pete’s Wood Techniques 101.
Hardwood floor refinishing, hardcore. Nothing hard about it.
There’s a lot to know…but don’t worry, we’ll guide you through every step, with clear instructions, plenty of detail and a dash of attitude for good measure. (When you’re wrestling a floor sander, a little attitude is a good thing.)
We can tell you everything you need to know about wood floor refinishing.
And remember, if there’s something, anything, you’re unsure of, we’re just a phone call away with answers.
If you’re in the St. Paul area and you’re interested in refinishing your hardwood floors,
1. Get your questions answered by reading through our informational content above.
Sanding your floor.
This is Floor Sanding Central, where you can learn everything about:
- the sanding process
- sanding FAQs
- what’s a ‘screen and recoat’
- working with sanders and edgers
- EPA’s new lead rule
- pet damage on hardwood floors.
Finishing your hardwood floors.
- cleaning up and getting ready to finish
- finishing options at Pete’s
- let us talk you out of staining your floor
- our favorite oil modified finish
- our zero-VOC finish: Rubio Monocoat
- Waterlox – an alternative to polyurethane
- Floor maintenance
Installing wood floors.
- Installation how-to’s
- pre-installation advice
Interested in refinishing your hardwood floors?
Get your questions answered by reading through all the great tips and products on this website, stop by the store or call the Hardwood Help Hotline!
For a small fee of $25, we can provide the wisdom and knowledge that you need to complete your hardwood flooring project.